Join our Offline or Online Classes to learn more.
1. A House or Apartment You Would Like to Live In – DISCUSSION
- Do you think it’s better to rent or to buy a place to live in?
- How easy is it to find a place to live in your country?
- Do you agree that there is a right age for young adults to stop living with their parents?
- What options are available to young couples looking for accommodation in your country?
- What are some of the pleasures involved in making a home for ourselves?
2. An Interesting Animal – DISCUSSION
- What kind of animals do people have in their homes?
- A lot of animals are getting extinct these days. What do you think about this? Why is it happening?
- Earlier people used animals for their work. Now, what do people use to do their work?
- Researches are being conducted on animals, is this a good idea?
3. Successful small business – DISCUSSION
- What qualities are required to become a company leader (or, CEO or, manager)?
- In general, what factors do you think to determine whether a small company will become successful or not?
- Do you think the latest technology plays an important role in a company’s development?
- What do you think of charitable organizations?
- Which do you think is better, to start your own business or to work for someone else?
4. A Crowded Place You Went To – Discussion
- Why do a lot of people enjoy going to crowded places?
- Where (or what) would you say is the most crowded place in your city?
- Would you say it’s important for a city to have amusement (and/or recreational) facilities?
- Why do you think people choose to live in big cities (despite certain problems)?
- How do you think cities overseas are different from those in your country?
- Would you say urban planning is important?
5. A Family Member You Spend Time With – DISCUSSION
- What are the advantages of strong family relationships?
- How many generations are usually living under one roof in your country?
- What are the benefits, and drawbacks of a family of several generations living together?
- Do both parents have equal responsibilities in taking care of their children?
6. A Person Often in the News – DISCUSSION
- What is the difference between new media and old media?
- Do you think the contents in the newspapers are reliable?
- Do you think it’s necessary for people to watch foreign news?
- How has social media changed how we consume news?
- What kinds of (famous) people are usually in the news in your country?
7. The Desired Change to Your Local Area – DISCUSSION
- Why do old people not like change?
- Do you think it’s important for people to socialize with their neighbors?
- How do people socialize with their neighbors?
8. A performance you enjoyed watching – DISCUSSION
- Do you think traditional performances are important?
- What do you think is the difference between watching a live performance and watching it on TV?
- How do you think watching a dance performance or a stage play influences children?
9. An Important Text Message – DISCUSSION
- Why do some people dislike using text messages?
- Have the ways that people communicate with each other, changed much in the last few decades?
- Why do people prefer texting as compared to phone calls?
- Do you think modern technology has any negative influence on communication?
- What do you think are some of the main differences between written communication and spoken communication?
10. A uniform you have worn – DISCUSSION
- What would you say are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform?
- In your country, do schools provide similar uniforms to their students?
- What kinds of professionals need to wear uniforms?
- Do you think people wear clothes that reflect their personality?
- Do you think women’s clothes show more variety than men’s clothes?
11. A Time When Someone Apologized to You – DISCUSSION
- What kinds of people are most likely to say sorry?
- In what situations do you think people need to (or, should) apologize?
- What do you think of those people who don’t apologize very often?
12. An Article to Help People Improve Their Health – DISCUSSION
- How do you think people could become healthier?
- Are there any differences between the way old people and young people try to stay healthy?
- Do schools in your country have any special activities to enhance the fitness of students?
- Do you think people in the future will be doing more exercise and eating healthier than they are today?
13. A Trip by Public Transport – DISCUSSION
- Do you think traffic jams would be reduced if people could travel on public transport for free?
- Why do you think more and more people prefer to travel by plane?
- What kinds of obstacles do you think some local governments have to face when they develop transportation infrastructure?
14. A Challenging Thing You Did – DISCUSSION
- What challenges do young people face today?
- How do (young people) handle difficult or challenging tasks?
- Which do you think is better, to face these difficulties and challenges alone or to seek the help of others?
- Do you think people need to be challenged?
15. A Person Who Taught You – DISCUSSION
- In what ways can we encourage others to accept new ideas and things (accept innovation)?
- Can you suggest how we could make children more interested in learning?
- Who would you say is more important to the education of a child, the parents or teachers?
16. A Member of a Team – DISCUSSION
- In a team, is it more important to pursue individual development or to achieve team targets?
- Do you think it’s important for children to join teams to learn to cooperate with others?
- Do you think disagreements among team members have a great influence on teamwork?
- Can you suggest how teamwork could be cultivated in classes at school?
17. A Job You Would Not Like to Do – DISCUSSION
- How do you think AI (artificial intelligence) will affect people’s work?
- What would you say are the important factors to consider when choosing a career?
- That technology will make some people lose their jobs. How do you think this problem should be handled?
- Would you ever move to work and live in another city?
- Is it common in your country for people to move to other cities because of work?
- When young people choose their jobs, which do you think is usually more important, the salary or their interest in the work?
18. Some exciting experience – DISCUSSION
- Do people in your country spend a lot of money on celebrating birthdays?
- Do you think it’s necessary to spend a lot of money on holding a party?
- Do people in your country usually go out to celebrate traditional festivals with others?
19. Time when you could not use mobile – DISCUSSION
- Do you think there should be regulations on the use of mobile phones?
- What do you think of primary school students owning a mobile phone?
- What (minimum) age do you think is appropriate for owning a cell phone?
20. Prevented by the Weather – DISCUSSION
- Do people in your country enjoy talking about the weather, as a small chat, when they meet each other?
- What types of weather do people (in your country) prefer, cold or hot weather?
- What kinds of people care most about the weather?
- Would you say weather forecasts are usually accurate?
21. Something Difficult to Use – DISCUSSION
- Do you often buy new things?
- Would you say that advertising makes people buy more news things than they would if there was no advertising?
- Do you think old(er) people have difficulties using some things that young people do not?